Monday 5 November 2007

Top Fives

I love to make mixed tapes. No one listens to tapes any more, so I no longer make them, but sometimes I still get an idea for a great mix, and a couple years back I found a new outlet for that special type of mix-tape creativity: Stealing an idea from the book & movie High Fidelity, I make "all-time top five" song lists. Then I subject you, the reader, to them. (what? you haven't seen them here on my blog before? that's because I had another blog before this one, which is where the Top Fives made their first appearances)

And so, a Top Five for Halloween....

Top Five Spooky Songs that Rock:

1)Bloodletting - Concrete Blonde
"There's a crack in the mirror and a blood stain on the bed
You were a vampire and baby I'm the walking dead"

2)Lullaby - The Cure
"be still be calm be quiet now my precious boy
don't struggle like that or i will only love you more"

3)The Dead of Night - Depeche Mode
"We are the Dead of Night
We're in the zombie room"

4) Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
"Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead?"

5) Humming - Portishead
(for use of fantastic spooky-sounding instrument that I don't know the name of)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.